The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness is working with the celiac community (that means us!) to get the word out there. They are asking for our help in contacting local TV Stations to ask that they air thePSA.
Join the 50 Station Challenge!!
If you’re ready to join our 50 Station Challenge, here’s what you need to do:
1. Contact the stations you’d like to air the PSA. You can find their contact information in your local telephone book or online at their website. Ask to speak to the person in charge of handling public service announcements.
2. Ask this person if the station is airing PSAs and if they might be interested in celiac disease. If you have celiac disease, tell them your personal story. Telling your personal story will show why it is so important for the station to air the PSA.
3. Ask them to view the PSA at http://www.celiaccentral.org/Other/PSA/358/ or to contact Vanessa Maltin 215-692-2639 or Vanessa@celiaccentral.org. Some stations may request a DVD or BETA copy. In this case, please ask for the address of the station and the name of the person whose attention the package should be sent to. Send this information to Vanessa Maltin and she will send the DVD or BETA version to the station.
4. About one week after you’ve emailed them the link or NFCA has sent them the DVD or BETA copy, it is very important for you to follow up to see that the person received your email or our package and to find out whether they’d like to air it.
5. If they say yes, FANTASTIC!! If they say no, don’t be discouraged. Pick another station and try again!! .
To join the 50 Station Challenge, please contact:
National Foundation for Celiac Awareness
Is there a restaurant or bakery you want me to check-out? A product you want me to review? Any other questions or feedback?
glutenguide at gmail [dot] com