Sea, the talented gluten-free chef behind the ultra-delicious Book of Yum, recently tagged me for a MEME. According to wikipedia: “a meme is defined within memetic theory as a unit of cultural information, cultural evolution or diffusion that propagates from one mind to another analogously to the way in which a gene propagates from one organism to another as a unit of genetic information and of biological evolution. Memes, like genes, do not purposely do or want anything — they either get replicated or not.” I agree, that this sounds like a lot of fancy jargon for a chain letter.
I was always one to ignore the flood of memes in my email inbox in college or more recently on Myspace pages. For some reason, I feel compelled to keep this meme going. Thanks for thinking of me Sea. Here are eight random facts about Ms. Gluten-Free Guide:
1. My brother and I share a birthday, born two years apart within an hour of each other
2. I speak Italian fluently
3. When I lived in Rome, I could see the Coliseum outside my door every morning as I left my apartment
4. Yoga brings me peace
5. I worked in a medical lab doing research for two summers
6. I was on the math team in elementary school and Jr. high – other kids had awards for sports – I had “Math Trophies” (don’t worry I wasn’t a complete recluse, I was on the swim team too)
7. I don’t have a middle name
8. I can fall asleep in any moving vehicle
I’m supposed to tag 8 people, but it’s a big step just to get me started so here I go with six (sorry if you’ve already been tagged):Tweet Pin It
Is there a restaurant or bakery you want me to check-out? A product you want me to review? Any other questions or feedback?
glutenguide at gmail [dot] com